Search This Blog

Thursday, September 12, 2019

Mort Todd's Monsters Attack Update

                


“It’s Happening!”
To quote Robert Ripley: Believe it or Not! After 30 years in the making (!) and “only” 1/10th of that since the Kickstarter campaign (?), we've got the first issue of the MONSTERS ATTACK! Collection, Volume One done. No two ways that this was a very important project for me as it highlights what may have been one of the pinnacles of my career. After some false starts, this production kind of intimidated me as I wanted it to be the ultimate statement on some of the finest horror comics ever created (as I humbly admit)! I’m neck deep into doing the second volume and hope to get the digital edition out by Friday the 13th, appropriate for many reasons, especially since it will cover the Jason Voorhees films!
   
So, first, I must thank everyone who supported the project and your immense patience. I desired to make these books the utmost tribute to the creators I worked with and have a collection of comics and articles that will inspire generations on how to do horror magazines right!


Once I get the second volume done, I’ll send out the files to the printer and plan to have print books available by late 2019. The original printer did crap reproductions and I’ve added more pages, so the cost is more than I originally calculated. Again, I can’t thank everyone enough for their support and faith in this project!
- Mort Todd

No comments:

Post a Comment